At Russell Nursery it’s all about plants and helping our customers select the right ones for their gardens.
We are always available to offer advice, but if you would like someone’s undivided attention we are pleased to offer an in-store consultation service as well as an at home consultation service.
Did you know that Russell Nursery is the authorized BC distributor for Halls English Greenhouses? We have a number of models set up at the nursery but if you aren’t sure which one is right for you we also offer a greenhouse consultation at your home.
Our staff will work with you at the nursery to select a combination of plants for a bed, border or container that is ready for planting. An appointment is recommended to ensure that one of our staff is available to help you.
The focus is on selecting plants for one small area (e.g. one bed or border).
Allow 30 – 45 minutes for your visit.
To make the most of the time please bring some basic information with you:
- Measurements and a rough sketch of the space.
- A sense of the site conditions (sun/shade; wet/dry) and soil type.
- One or more photos.
- An idea of how you’d like the space to look when it’s done.
A Russell Nursery staff member will be pleased to visit your property in the Greater Victoria area for a consultation on your garden.
- We will spend up to one hour with you in your garden.
- We can help with plant identification and answer questions on pruning and plant care.
- We can also give advice on plant choices for a specific area of your garden. In this case, the home consult is typically followed by a visit to the nursery to visualize and finalize plant selections.
Single home – $125 (plus GST).
Multiple homes (ex. strata) – $250 (plus GST).
A Hall’s Greenhouse representative will be pleased to visit your property in the Greater Victoria area for a free on-site consultation.
- The focus is on helping to determine the right location for the greenhouse, model and size.