Customer Service Associate
Russell Nursery is looking for a part- to full-time customer service associate who is available weekends and the occasional holiday to work in our retail shop.
You must have excellent customer service skills and a strong interest in plants and gardening. As our last, and often first, point of contact for customers you are friendly, approachable and customer oriented.
We offer a fast-paced, dynamic, fun, team-based work environment.
- Operate point of sale system including handling cash, credit card and debit card transactions.
- Answer the phone and emails.
- Assist customers with gardening questions, plant care, identification & recommendations.
- Advise customers on fertilizer and pesticide use, soils, and other gardening related products.
- Maintain retail space: re-stock, organize, set up, and display retail materials in the shop.
- Ensure the displays and retail space (including customer washroom) are dusted, swept, and kept clean.
- Represent the nursery in a courteous and professional manner.
- Knowledge of a variety of garden plants including basic plant care, quality issues, pest and disease identification is an asset, but not mandatory. We are willing to train the right candidate.
- Minimum of 1+ year experience in retail or customer service setting.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Available to work weekends and select holidays.
Who you are:
- Reliable, punctual, organized, and detail oriented.
- Someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions or ask for help! (Nobody knows everything)
- You work well in a team setting and enjoy interacting with customers.
- Have a good sense of humour and are easy to get along with.
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment in a beautiful natural setting
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Pay range $18-$21 per hour depending on experience
- Flexible scheduling
- Generous employee discount
- Educational opportunities